Mutated Bunny - The Forum.

Blatherings of humankind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

A working Proxy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: A working Proxy   2007-01-02, 22:59

Well, now that Christmas is over and everyone is back in boring old school, I though I'd give you a late Christmas present, a sure fire way to get past the school's lame filter.

Tech babel: I set up a server on my home PC and used a PHP script I found to route all traffic through my home connection (which, regretably, isn't as fast as an industral strength proxy). My IP address changes from time to time, so even if the school blocks it, it won't be blocked forever.

The server is at:

http://63.226.181.22:1032/
and
mbproxy.kicks-ass.net:1032

From there just click "Proxy" and you should be good to go. I will update this thread if the link needs to be changed. Suggestions would be very appreciated, have fun surfing Very Happy

-edit-

Some things to note:

• Sometimes when a page loads the server pops up a slew of errors, just scroll past those.
  • Sites with looong urls (ie www.Gmail.com) do not work.
  • Some sites (ie www.animemusicvideos.org) do not play nice with my Abyss webserver.

Also, this would be a good spot to post other online proxies that you have found that works. I will post one:

www.pawxy.org

Last edited by on 2007-04-21, 22:27; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

PostSubject: Re: A working Proxy   2007-01-31, 22:52

I rewrote the main page on the server and also added another proxy. I am trying to get this new proxy to work with email (SSL) but it's not easy. If I have time this weekend, I'll see if I can put some more time into the problem. I also added a small easter egg somewhere on the server. It's a tough one though...

And I told my friend about the proxy, he goes to...Sibley? Probably. Maybe some Sibley students will join the forum too.

And if you scroll up, you'll see I deleted most of the outdated or 'comment' posts to keep the page clean. I'll also check to see if I can get the mbproxy.kicks-ass.net URL link to work, but no promises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

PostSubject: Re: A working Proxy   2007-02-05, 18:30

Giantmoogle wrote:
So kyler, what type of pc are you using for this proxy?
I run the server in the background on my desktop PC:
1.8 GHz P4
256MB x 2
300GB & 40GB HDDs

But you can run a server on almost any machine. If I ever get the time and motivation, I'll turn this old PC in my room into a Linux server. It only has about a 6GB HDD and a 233MHz Pentium II but would run Apache (a server) fine.
Ying Fa wrote:
Why does your IP address keep changing?
There are two types of IP addresses; dynamic and static.
Dynamic means it changes often (probably some advantage to that, but it escapes me)
Static means it gives each user their own unique IP address and it never changes.
As far as I know, Qwest uses dynamic IP address assigning.
The only good characteristic I can see to this would be that our school blocks IP addresses, and if it changes, the new one isn't blocked for a while. But that hasn't happened yet.

Here's a link with big words: link

Also, it appears they blocked www.MutatedBunny.com. You can still access the forum if you go to it directly by typing: http://mutatedbunny.lolforum.net

(Credits go to Justin Si. for that)

Ying Fa wrote:
It's too risky to go to Mutated Bunny during school to get to the proxy link
Instead of going to this thread each time to use the proxy, you could just type http://IP:1032 into the address bar on your browser (where IP is the current IP) if it doesn't work, check back here to see if the IP changed.

Last edited by on 2007-04-15, 21:35; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

PostSubject: Re: A working Proxy   2007-04-15, 21:20

IP changed, so I updated this page.

Edit: I also cleaned up the page and moved most comments and questions into one big thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

PostSubject: Re: A working Proxy   2008-09-19, 22:55

for anyone who wasn't in the know, the proxy was still working under the URL abcproxy.kicks-ass.net up until last weekend.

without going into the explicit details,

I was home from college last weekend and noticed someone was using my server. A couple now-seniors knew about the new address, but I didn't think anyone would need a proxy on the weekend. So I opened the log file and visited one of the proxy'd URLs in the logs which brought me to a site about...that's one of the explicit details I'll withhold. I traced the user's IP address back to a Minnesota state owned IP block, which was interesting since I'm sure every state office prohibits what was being perused via my proxy. Since I personally no longer use the proxy and won't be home if anything goes wrong, I decided to take the web server offline. I also changed the URL so I can still dial in to the PC from campus and not worry about former proxy users trying to access the PC.

And so ends the working proxy thread.

*edit*
I respect everyone's privacy and that was only the second or third time I have ever checked the logs to see what my proxy was being used for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A working Proxy   

Back to top Go down

A working Proxy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mutated Bunny - The Forum. :: Tech.-
Jump to: