Mutated Bunny - The Forum.

Blatherings of humankind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

.rar files

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ying Fa
Overlord

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: .rar files   2007-02-07, 09:52

Can someone please tell me what kind of files are .rar files, how can i open them, what program do i use, and where can i get it?

Thank you very much. ^^

<3

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2006-12-11

PostSubject: Re: .rar files   2007-02-07, 10:44

Rar files are zipped with Winrar and ou can use Winrar to open them as well if you go Here you can download the needed program, it takes up little to no space and is quite easy to install and use. None of that long "Take up the whole screen" installation crap if you download the correct one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: .rar files   2007-02-07, 17:32

in my opinion, 7-zip is much better. Not only is it open source, it doesn't install three more options to your right-click menu. (Winrar being communist). Also, 7-zip is completely free; the complete edition of Winrar is about $30. And 7-zip is a smaller download. And, in my unconfirmed opinion, loads faster then Winrar. And has roughly 2%-10% better zip compression then any other compression program available. And if that's not enough, it can uncompress some formats (CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS) and other formats you'll probably never use. Winrar's available in 42 languages. And 7-zip? 63 languages Smile

And if you don't plan on using it much, I'd recommend the slightly slower Portable Version. It doesn't install anything on your PC. Nothing at all. (Which, you know, is very cool)

I'm a little picky about my compression...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ying Fa
Overlord

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: .rar files   2007-02-07, 18:14

I can download files that are already .rar files, so that's why i was wondering, i wont be using it to zip anything, but i will be using it to open things.

So, thank you very much, guys.

PostSubject: Re: .rar files   

Back to top Go down

.rar files
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mutated Bunny - The Forum. :: Tech.-
Jump to: